TREMEC Magnum XL 6-Speed for 2005-2019 Ford Mustangs
The OE 5 and 6-speed manual transmissions are probably the most criticized component in the 2005-2019 Mustangs, so many complaints were given, NHTSA opened an investigation to see why. While the NHTSA findings didn't warrant a recall, they did find the transmissions didn't meet the performance expectations of the consumer, such as poor performance at shifts above 4,000 RPMs.
The TREMEC Magnum XL lays these performance issues to rest with 700 lb-ft Torque Capacity and an RPM rating of 7,800. Not only that, but the semi-remote shifter that had many gearheads seeing red is replaced with an extended tailhousing and a direct shifter. It's the perfect upgrade for frustrated Mustang owners who expect more from their transmission.
Choice of Two Gear Ratio Sets:
2.66, 1.78, 1.30, 1.00, .80, .63
2.97, 2.10, 1.46, 1.00, .80, .63
- 700 ft-lb Torque Capacity
- Fits 2005-2019 Ford Mustang with SB Ford 4.6 SOHC or 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 engines
- Extended tailhousing eliminates the need for a semi-remote shifter
- Works with the OEM hydraulic clutch release system
- 26 Spline
- Genuine Ford Racing Part # M-7003-M6XL
- SFI-approved Bellhousing
- Steel Crossmember
- Rubber Isolator Mount
- Shifter Handle
- Shifter Ball
- Market Leading Warranty - Learn More
- Driveshaft (Required for conversion)
- Clutch Kit (26-Spline Clutch Disk Required for Conversion)
- Wiring Harnesses (Different year models will require different harnesses)
GT500 bearings may also be used but will require a custom adapter to maintain proper stack up.