TREMEC Magnum-F 6-Speed Conversion Kits for 1993-2002 Camaro and Firebird
Designed to replace T-56 transmissions in 1998-2002 Chevrolet Camaros and Pontiac Firebirds, the Magnum-F® 6-Speed is a completely new, direct replacement specifically designed for fourth gens by TREMEC®. The Magnum-F utilizes the same design advances found in the TR-6060 and TREMEC Magnum 6-Speeds to provide fourth-gen enthusiasts significantly improved performance and relief from a shrinking pool of quality T-56 replacement parts.
Magnum-F 6-Speed Gear Ratios
2.66, 1.78, 1.30, 1.00, 0.80, 0.63
2.97, 2.10, 1.46, 1.00, 0.80, 0.63
Uses stock ratios for "M6" 1994-2002 Camaro/Firebird. 1993 Camaro/Firebird ratios unavailable.
Why purchase from Silver Sport Transmissions?
- Best Customer Service - We work very hard to keep our customers happy; ask around!
- "Stocking Distributor" - What does this mean? It means we keep our products on the shelf, ready to ship when you call. We don't have days or weeks of lead time.
- Fast Shipping - We often ship the same day you order!
- Technical Support - We have a knowledgable support team ready to answer your questions and help you with any installation issues or troubleshooting you may need.
- Installation Service Available - Intimidated or simply don't have the time to install the transmission yourself? We do installations! We also have many installation centers all over the world. Pick one near you!
- Hydraulic Bearing Kit
- Pilot Bearing
- Slip Yoke
- STX Shifter
- Shifter Handles
- TREMEC HP-MTF Fluid
|Application*||Engine*||Torque Capacity*||RPM Rating||Includes Clutch Housing||Clutch Type*||Speedo Type*||Spine Count Input/Output*|
|GM||LS||700||7800||No||Hydraulic||Electronic||26 / 31|
* Application - Direct replacement for 1998-2002 Camaro/Firebird with exception of output spline, see Spline Count note.
* Engine - Direct fit when installed behind LS1/LS2 with factory T-56 bellhousing. Later engines require pilot bearing change.
* Torqe Capacity - Performance may vary based on factors such as use, weight, driveline configuration, peripheral parts selection, and quality of installation
* Clutch Type - Accepts factory internal slave cylinder from 1998-2002 Camaro/Firebird. Not compatible with 1993-1997 external slave configuration.
* Speedo Type - Same as OEM in 1993-2002 Camaro/Firebird
* Spline Count - Requires change of driveshaft slip yoke in 1993-2002 Camaro/Firebird. OEM is 27 Spliine.
Weights & Measurements
|Shifter location from rear face of block to front face of bellhousing||29.4 inches or 74.6 centimeters|
|Input shaft length from front face of transmission||6.46 inches or 16.4 centimeters|
|Crossmember mounting location from rear face of block to front face of bellhousing||26.6 inches or 67.5 centimeters|
|Overall length||31.8 inches or 80.9 centimeters|
|Crossmember mounting location from mainshaft centerline||3.4 inches or 8.5 centimeters|
|Dry weight||128 lbs.|
|Shipping Weight||146 lbs|
|Fluid capacity||Approx. 4 quarts or 3.8 liters|
|Recommended Fluid||TREMEC HP-MTF, Dexron-III, or Mobil 1 ATF|