TREMEC TR-4050 5-Speed Kits by Silver Sport Transmissions
APPLICATIONS: AMC, Cummins Diesel, Ford, GM, Jeep, and Mopar
- I6 - 232, 242, 258
- V8 - 304, 360, 410
- 289, 302, 351
- I6 - 240, 300
- Modular V8
- 3rd Gen I6
- V8 - 318, 340, 360
- Gen III Hemi
More to come!
Replaces the AX15, NV3500, NV3550, and NV4500 5-Speeds and the NP435A, NP435L, NP435D, NP435E, T18, T19, and SM465 4-Speeds.
RATIOS: 6.16, 3.11, 1.71, 1.00, .76 Rev. 6.03
- 425 lb•ft Torque Capacity
- Right Side PTO - 6 bolt
- High-contact constant mesh helical gears for maximum strength
- Die-cast aluminum alloy housing saves weight while offering considerable rigidity
- Standard right-hand six-bolt PTO offers ability to run hydraulic pumps
- Multi-rail shift linkage provides excellent shift feel and performance
- Tapered bearing on input, main and counter shafts provide excellent internal stability
- Needle bearings under gears reduce friction and noise output
- All forward gears and reverse gear synchronized
- Advanced synchronizer technology promotes smoother shifting and reduced shift effort
- Counter shaft mounted 5th gear synchronizer improves noise, vibration and harshness in overdrive
Weight and Dimensions
- 164 lbs dry
- 19.5" Overall length
- .590" Pilot diameter
- 5.125" Index retainer diameter
- 1.125" Input shaft diameter, 10 spline, 6.5" length
Silver Sport Transmissions' 4WD Project - 2002 Jeep Wrangler
To launch our new 4WD TREMEC TR-4050 PerfectFit™ Kit for TJ platform Jeeps, we purchased a 2002 Jeep Wrangler. This Wrangler came with the legendary 4.0L I6 Power Tech Engine, a 5-Speed NV3550 manual transmission, a 3.07 rear axle ratio, and P215/75R15 RBL Wrangler AT tires. The previous owner did some common customizations to the Jeep, including adding 33x12.50 R15LT tires which took the Jeep from 28" to 33" tires.
Our PerfectFit Kit for the TJ platform comes with everything you need to convert to the TR-4050 5-Speed, from the pilot bearing to the driveshaft. You'll be very happy with this upgrade over your old NV3550, NV4500 or AX15.
You can tell from the initial driving video below, the new tire height greatly effected the gearing. We wanted to improve the driving experience for not only those who run these oversized tires, but also for people who would like a little more torque in their lowest gear and reverse when crawling or mudding.
The next three videos make up our installation series. In this video, we remove all the exisiting equipment.
In Part 2, we use parts from Advanced Adapters to adapt our transfer case to the TREMEC TR-4050.
In Part 3, we install the TR-4050 and the transfer case into the 2002 Jeep Wrangler.
If you're at the Red Rock 4-Wheeler's Inc. Show in Moab, you can come see the Jeep, if not, stay tuned for our last driving video with the TR-4050 installed!