TREMEC TR-4050 Conversion Kits for 2012-2018 Jeep JK
No Obstacles, No Horizon Too Far - 4WD Life
Silver Sport Transmissions has the best-engineered kits to modernize the powertrain of your Jeep Wrangler. Whether you plan to take your vehicle off-road, tow a camper or boat, or cruise the highway, our overdrive transmissions will help you get there.
TREMEC TR-4050 vs Wrangler JK OEM Options
The 2012-2018 Jeep Wrangler came with a 2.8L diesel*, 3.6L, or 3.8L* engine and one of these transmissions. The TR-4050's 1st and reverse gears are much lower than the options on the stock Wrangler while the TR-4050's 2nd gear is similar to the 1st gear in the OE transmissions. The TR-4050 can be launched out of 2nd gear while driving around town and shifted into 1st to tackle difficult off-road obstacles. We read a few accounts of the 42RLE having trouble backing up steep driveways due to the 2.10 ratio. Forward or reverse, the TR-4050 is geared to get you moving.
The TREMEC TR-4050 doesn’t lose any ground on the highway, the overdriven 5th gear is comparable to the other OE transmissions, maintaining your fuel milage and a comfortable cruising rpm.
The Mercedes-Benz transmission came with the greatest torque capacity of the stock transmissions at 428 lb-ft. The TR-4050 greatly exceeds this number at 600 lb-ft, making it the strongest transmission in the aftermarket. If you’re swapping out to an LS or Gen 3 HEMI, the TR-4050 is a must have.
The TR-4050 is also completely brand new. These OE transmissions can be found rebuilt and remanufactured, but they are no longer available new.
*TR-4050 not available for 2.8L diesel or 3.8L engines
Request a Quick Quote
Tremec TR-4050 for 2012-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
The toughest 4 letter word on wheels just raised the bar. Your trail-rated 4x4 Jeep will know no boundaries with the TREMEC TR-4050's super-low 6.16 1st and 6.03 reverse. Meanwhile, the .76 overdrive will be very useful when you're on the highway headed to the next trail. The TREMEC TR-4050 will make sure even 10+ years later, you're still having fun out there.
When you convert to the TREMEC TR-4050 5-Speed, you will experience:
- Low, rock crawling 1st gear (6.16) and reverse (6.03)
- Excellent shift feel and performance
- Crisp, precise shifts
- Highway cruising with an overdriven gear (.76)
TREMEC TR-4050 Gear Ratios
6.16, 3.11, 1.71, 1.00, 0.76, and 6.03 Reverse
TREMEC TR-4050 Conversion Kit Components
- TREMEC TR-4050 5 Speed Overdrive
- 600 lb•ft torque capacity
- High-contact, constant mesh, helical gears for maximum strength
- Die-cast aluminum alloy housing saves weight while offering considerable rigidity
- Standard right-hand, six-bolt PTO offers the ability to run hydraulic pumps
- The multiple rail, internal shifter provides excellent shift feel and performance
- Tapered bearing on input, main, and counter shafts provide excellent internal stability
- Needle bearings under gears reduce friction and noise output
- Fully synchronized
- Advanced synchronizer technology promotes smoother shifting and reduced shift effort
- 5th gear synchronizer mounted to the countershaft to improve NVH in overdrive
- 3.67 qt oil capacity
- Pilot Bearing
- Advanced Friction™ Flywheel
- Advanced Friction™ Clutch
- QuickDraw Bellhousing
- Internal Hydraulic Slave Cylinder Kit
- Rubber Transmission Mount
- Reverse Light Wiring Pigtail
- STX® Shifter
- Shifter Handle
- Classic 5-Speed Shifter Knob
- Factory Warranty - learn more
Click the 4WD Quick Quote button or call to get a detailed estimate.
Why buy from Silver Sport Transmissions?
- Fast Shipping
- Complete Kits
- Excellent Customer Service
- Lifetime tech support
- Knowledgeable staff
- Premium Components
- Only SST has experienced and licensed engineers on staff. We know what fits, what works, and how to install it.