TREMEC TR-4050 PerfectFit™ Kits for 1997-2006 Jeep TJ
No Obstacles, No Horizon Too Far - 4WD Life
Silver Sport Transmissions has the best-engineered kits to modernize the powertrain of your Jeep Wrangler. Whether you plan to take your vehicle off-road, tow a camper or boat, or cruise the highway, our overdrive transmissions will help you get there.
TREMEC TR-4050 vs Wrangler TJ OEM Options
The 1997-2006 Jeep Wrangler came with a 2.4L*, 2.5L, or 4.0L engine and one of these transmissions. The TR-4050's 1st and reverse gears are much lower than the options on the stock Wrangler while the TR-4050's 2nd gear bridges the gap between the OE transmission's 1st and 2nd gears. The TR-4050 can be launched out of 2nd gear while driving around town and shifted into 1st to tackle difficult off-road obstacles.
Most of the OE transmissions came with an overdriven gear, but some did not. The TR-4050 has the most overdrive of all of these transmission options which will improve your Jeep's fuel mileage and reduce the wear and tear of your engine.
While we could not find torque capacity numbers on most of these transmissions, we did find the popular NV3550 had a torque capacity of 300 lb-ft. The TR-4050 doubles this number at 600 lb-ft, making it the strongest transmission in the aftermarket. It's also completely brand new. These OE transmissions can be found rebuilt and remanufactured, but they are no longer available new.
*TR-4050 not available for 2.4L engines
Request a Quick Quote
Tremec TR-4050 for Jeep Wrangler TJ
The toughest 4 letter word on wheels just raised the bar. Your trail-rated 4x4 Jeep will know no boundaries with the TREMEC TR-4050's super-low 6.16 1st and 6.03 reverse. Meanwhile, the .76 overdrive will be very useful when you're on the highway headed to the next trail. The TREMEC TR-4050 will make sure even 10+ years later, you're still having fun out there.
When you convert to the TREMEC TR-4050 5-Speed, you will experience:
- Low, rock crawling 1st gear (6.16) and reverse (6.03)
- Excellent shift feel and performance
- Crisp, precise shifts
- Highway cruising with a .76 overdrive
TREMEC TR-4050 Gear Ratios
6.16, 3.11, 1.71, 1.00, 0.76, and 6.03 Reverse
TREMEC TR-4050 Conversion Kit Components
- TREMEC TR-4050 5 Speed Overdrive
- 600 lb•ft torque capacity
- High-contact, constant mesh, helical gears for maximum strength
- Die-cast aluminum alloy housing saves weight while offering considerable rigidity
- Standard right-hand, six-bolt PTO offers the ability to run hydraulic pumps
- The multiple rail, internal shifter provides excellent shift feel and performance
- Tapered bearing on input, main, and counter shafts provide excellent internal stability
- Needle bearings under gears reduce friction and noise output
- Fully synchronized
- Advanced synchronizer technology promotes smoother shifting and reduced shift effort
- 5th gear synchronizer mounted to the countershaft to improve NVH in overdrive
- 3.67 qt oil capacity
- STX Shifter® - Short throw shifter
- Pilot Bearing
- Transmission Mount Kit
- Reverse Light Wiring Pigtail
- Sheet Metal
- Lower Shifter Boot
- Shifter Handle Linkage
- Transfer Case Clocking Ring
- SST Advanced Friction™ Series II Clutch - High performance, long life packages with easy pedal effort tailored to your needs
- Bellhousing Kit
- Hydraulic Clutch Actuator Kit - Modern technology with less pedal effort
- Heavy-Duty concentric slave cylinder - 1,000,000 cycle service life
- Remote reservoir with hose
- Braided steel pressure hose
- Detailed installation instructions
- Shifter Cable Adapter
- Shifter Handle - A variety of shifter sticks from classic to modern to choose from.
- Shifter Ball/Knob - Available in white or black for that classic look. Engraved with a 5-speed shift pattern.
- Transfer Case Bracket
- Transfer Case Bracket Stand Off
- Factory Warranty - learn more
Request a 4WD Quick Quote
Auto to Manual Conversions and Optional Parts
- SST Advanced Friction™ Flywheel - Billet steel, not cast steel, for improved durability and safety
- Cable Shifter
- Slip Yoke Eliminator Kit
- Fluid - Break-In Fluid, transmission fluid, and hydraulic clutch fluid available for purchase
Click the 4WD Quick Quote button or call 865-609-8187 to get a detailed estimate.
Request a 4WD Quick Quote
Why buy from Silver Sport Transmissions?
- Fast Shipping
- Complete Kits
- Excellent Customer Service
- Lifetime tech support
- Knowledgeable staff
- Premium Components
- Only SST has experienced and licensed engineers on staff. We know what fits, what works, and how to install it.